The WADEM Congress 2019 invites abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations. Submissions are encouraged across a wide range of themes of relevance to emergency medicine, prehospital care and the health aspects of disaster management and humanitarian aid. Abstract submissions can be made via the Submission Portal above.
All abstracts must be submitted online by 12:00 AEST (midnight) on Monday, 26 November 2018. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended. Presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered and paid by the Early Registration Deadline on 8 February 2019.
All inquiries regarding abstracts for the WADEM Congress should be emailed to - email@example.com.
Abstract Submission Categories
Authors will need to select one of the following 32 themes for their abstract submission depending on which is the most applicable.
- Aeromedical Retrieval & Evacuation
- Austere Surgical Teams
- Aged Care
- Civil-Military Co-operation
- Climate Change
- Disability & Disasters
- Emergency Medical Response
- Emergency Radiology & Telehealth
- Hospital Overcrowding
- Indigenous Communities & Disasters
- Industrial & Occupational Health
- Mass Gathering
- Medical Assistance Teams
- Natural Hazards
- Palliative Care
- Pharmacy & Toxicology
- Primary Health Care & Disasters
- Public & Environmental Health
- Quality & Financial Accountability
- Veterinary Medicine, Animals, & Emerging Infectious Disease
- Wilderness & Expedition Medicine
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
A spoken presentation, including introduction and question and answer time (i.e. 1 minute introduction, 8-minute presentation and 3 minutes for Q&A). Presenters display the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a PowerPoint presentation.
The Congress will dedicate an allotted time for poster presentations with the opportunity for audience participation and enquiry.
Whilst every effort will be made to accept an abstract for the presentation type selected in the submission process, the Committee reserves the right to allocate a different presentation type if more appropriate and if program space is limited.
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- A maximum of two (2) abstractscan be submitted per presenting author. Make note there is no limit for abstracts submitted as a co-author; only as PRESENTING author.
- Presenting author to be the first named author on the abstract.
- Notification will be emailed only to the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations) and should follow the instructions within the abstract submission portal.
- Commercial presentations are not permitted.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- The abstract should be organised under the following headings:
- RESULTS (Findings)
- DISCUSSION (Innovative contribution to policy, practice and/or research)
- To be considered for the best free paper session results must be included in the abstract as completed work.
- Abstracts should not contain any tables or figures. References in the text have to be cited at the end of the abstract and are included in the 300 word count.
- The use of abbreviations and acronyms should be kept to a minimum.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEST, Monday, 26 November 2018,for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 20 December 2018, including the presentation type it has been accepted for.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted, included in the program, and the abstracts supplement, the presenting author must be registered and paid to attend the Congress by 8 February 2019.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Abstracts open||7 July 2018|
|Abstract submission closes||26 November 2018|
|Authors notified of results||20 December 2018|
|Presenter deadline to register||8 February 2019|
- Limited references should be used (e.g. Smith 1999) and only if necessary.
- Only those abstracts formally accepted will be published in the Congress Proceedings as submitted.
- Should you require changes you can make amendments via the Abstract Submission Portal until 26 November 2018. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
- Any initially accepted abstract, for which the presenting author has not paid registration by 8 February 2019, will be withdrawn from both the program and published Proceedings.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in WADEM Congress 2019:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to WADEM Congress 2019.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- The presenting author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The presenting author will immediately notify the WADEM Congress 2019 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author changes.
- Submission of the contact details provided are those of the presenter of the abstract. He/she will be notified about the status of the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes consent of all authors of the abstract to publication (e.g, WADEM website, programs, other promotions).
- All authors of the abstract warrant and represent that they either are the sole owners of, or have all necessary rights to, sublicense all the information and content in the abstract provided to WADEM and its WADEM organizers, and that publication of the abstract does not infringe any rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, or of any third parties.
- All authors of the abstract grant WADEM a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute and display the abstract.
- All authors of the abstract grant exclusive permission to WADEM to record the audio and video portion, if any, of the abstract presentation at the Congress and to collect and retain all revenues from all rebroadcasts (including web broadcasts), sales and publications of such recordings.
- WADEM reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.